Director - Producer
- Born in Chania, Crete in 1954.
- He is a graduate of the National Technical University of Athens with the degree in Electrical Engineering.
- He studied film direction at the Hadjikou Film School (Athens) and he received theoretical and practical education on anthropological documentary filmmaking at the VARAN School (Paris) [founded by Jean ROUCH].
He lives in Athens and deals with direction of documentary films.
Founding member of the Greek Film Academy.
2021 DEBT 77min
2020 MY PHOTOGRAPH 4min
2019 FOR NO REASONS meetings with Giorgos Maniatis 92min
2019 Hippocratic Medicine 24min
2016 DIONISSIOS IKKOS 52min
2015 THE LIGHT INSIDE 92min
2015 OLYMPIA 45min
2014 SHORT GYPSY STORIES documentary 67min 2013 The Stranger / Dilemma / Chroma (3 episodes of Viewpoint, ERT) 3Χ 30min
2012 METAXA listening to time 87min
2011 ΜILONOGIANNI 120, CHANIA (1 episode of DOCVILLE, ERT) 45min
2011 Stratos-Alice Anne (1 episode of ACCOMMODATE, ERT) 45min
2011 Prokopis-Caroline (1 episode of ACCOMMODATE, ERT) 45min
2011 PHILIPPINES (1 episode of ATHENS GROUPS, ERT) 45min
2010 THE SURVIVORS 29min
2009 THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY 87min
2007 PENEUS the sacred ecology 24min 2007 PENEUS fragments of history 26min 2005 THERE ARE MANY THINGS WE CAN DO 62min
2005 TITHOREA - LIANOKLADI 28min 2002 THE MEMORY GUARDS 57min 2001 ANGELS PSALMS – St. Thomas 30min
2001 ANATOLI FACTORY : the time capsule 28min
2001 HERE WE CAME 52min
2000 THE BROKEN MIRROR DAMAGE 56min
2000 THE MAN WHO DISTURBED THE UNIVERSE 52min
1999 PIREUS – the melting pot of two centuries 30min
1997 FOREVER IN KYDONIA 55min
1997 COLORS OF CRETAN MUSIC 30min
1994 THE BROTHERS 62min
1993 THE SECRET 59min
1988 CARCASSE 17min
Awards / distinctions
• 1st prize documentary (9o CHANIA FILM FESTIVAL Audience Prize 2021)
FOR NO REASONS meetings with Giorgos Maniatis
• 2st Prize for a FEATURE FILM (13rd Hellenic Documentary Film Festival of Chalkida 2019).
• Qualifying round (nominees) Best Documentary, Hellenic Film Academy Awards (2020)
THE LIGHT INSIDE
• BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY 2016 στο ARFF (Around Films Intern. Film Festival)
• BEST DOCUMENTARY & BEST MUSIC στο L.G.F.F. (London Greek Film Festival) 2016 OLYMPIA Audience Prize [17th THESSALONIKI DOCUMENTARY FESTIVAL 2015]
SHORT GYPSY STORIES
• 1st prize, (3o International Docum. Festival of Ierapetra, 2016).
• 2nd prize (2o International Documentary Festival BEYOND the BORDERS (Castellorizo, Greece 2017)
METAXA listening to time
• 2st Prize for a FEATURE FILM (6rd Hellenic Documentary Film Festival of Chalkida 2012).
THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY
• Best Documentary, Hellenic Film Academy Awards (2010)
• 1st Prize (3rd Hellenic Documentary Film Festival of Chalkida 2009).
• Audience Prize [2nd Cyprus International Documentary Film Festival 2009]
THE MAN WHO DISTURBED THE UNIVERSE
• Best GR Documentary (2Ο International Documentary Festival Kalamata 2000)