• Buried Secrets of Keros, 45’,2020, for Cosmote History and National Geographic
• Enter the Otter, 20’,2019, independent production
• The Art Code , 13x52’ 2018, for Cosmote History
• Little Land, 52’, 2013, for ARTE & ERT
• Sayome, 56’, 2010 for ARTE, ERT & Greek Film Centre
• Secret of the Snake Goddess, 52’, 2006, for ZDF, AVRO, ERT & Nat. Film Board of Canada
• Knossos, the Labyrinth of Myths, 52’, 2006, for ERT
Screenwriter / Director / Producer
Nikos has directed some of Greece's most acclaimed international documentary co-productions for National Geographic, ARTE, ZDF, AVRO, ERT, History TV et.al. He has also co-directed the docu-series 1821 and The Journey of Food and was associate producer and script consultant for the doc “A Family Affair”. He is a permanent collaborator of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. Nikos' recent work includes the 13-part docu-series The Art Code for COSMOTE History TV, and Buried Secrets of Keros for National Geographic TV. He is the co-founder of Aori Films, based in Athens.
Awards / distinctions
URTI Grand Prix, Monte Carlo IFF / International Federation of Film Critics Award (FIPRESCI), Thessaloniki IFF / Best Documentary feature Award & Audience Award, Los Angeles Greek Film Festival, WWF Habitat Award & ET3 Award, Thessaloniki IDFF / Feature Doc Award, Filmambiente IFF, Brazil / Eco-Cinematograff Award, Astra IFF Romania / ZAGREBDOX, Croatia/ Golden Sheaf Award for best History documentary, Yorkton FF Canada / Special Artistic Mention, International Science Film Festival, Athens /Fundacio Orona Award, FICAB FF, Spain / Legacy Award, Archaeology Film, and Video Festival, USA / Best Script Award, AGON International Archeological FF et. al.