Dimitris Indares was born in Patras in 1964. He studied political science at Panteion University of Athens and directing at the Stavrakos School. Since 1987 he has directed mainly fiction films and commercials, while he has also been involved in film education, teaching directing at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. In 2021, the Bookstore of Hestia published his book "Lenaki, two fires and two curses", an essay of historical, folklore and genealogical interest.
He is a founding member of the Hellenic Film Academy.
1987 Mrs. Ersi, fiction, 16 ', 16mm, color.
1991 Duck Hunting, fiction, 26΄, sup.16mm, color.
· First Short Film Award, 32nd Festival. Thessaloniki.
· Greek participation in the Biennale of Young Creators VALENCIA 1992
1995 Like a prairie – COCK IN WYOMING (LOVESTRUCK), fiction, 82 ', 35mm, color.
· Awards for Best Film, Newcomer Director and Sound, at the 36th Thessaloniki Festival.
· Cinema Magazine Award.
1996 On engraving, 19΄, beta, doc. for
House of Fine Arts and Letters, distinguished by the Pedagogical Council.
1999 Wandering in Patra, doc., 11 '.
2003 Totally Married, fiction, 80 ', 35mm, color.
· Screenplay Award at the 44th Thessaloniki International Festival
· State Award for second male role (Alexandros Logothetis)
· "Platinum Remi Award" in comedy, 37th WorldFest-Houston
· Music Award (Dimitris Papadimitriou) and sound band at the 25th Mostra de Valencia
2021 Lethe (Oblivion) Lenaki, doc. max., in progress.
2022 Memories with a tail, doc., 46 '.
Dimitris Indares, 47 Matrozou, 11741 Athens
tel: +30 210 9240 629 - +30 6944 534158